Tuesday, May 31, 2016

All Flying at Makapuu Suspended Permitted!

As of tomorrow, June 1, flying is suspended at Makapuu until we get our renewed certificates of insurance from the RRG. The RRG staff are slammed with a backlog of 600 renewals and it's a new procedure for everyone involved. Both the Hawaiian Hang Gliding Association and the Hawaii Paragliding Association are in touch with USHPA, and we have been told they are hopeful to get the paperwork handled within a week. Thanks for your understanding and patience. We will keep you all posted. In the meantime feel free to contact me with questions. And for first-hand details and discussion, please join me for an emergency pot-luck BBQ meeting at my place Friday at 6 PM (or whenever folks can make it).

Update 6/1: Kahana certificate received June 1 in the nick of time!

Update 6/2: Makapuu certificate received June 2, but still waiting on C&C permit renewal.

Update 6/3: Dave Goto reports permit renewal complete! Makapuu is a go.